Thundax P-Zaggy v1.0 released!

I'm so proud to announce the release of my last application Thundax P-Zaggy v1.0 that implements the VLO Framework v2.0. You can get it from sourceforge download page. I'm working on the user documentation that will help you with the basic parameters of the program. In few weeks I'll release a little presentation that explains all the evolution of the application and where the idea comes from. This new version that merges the working of the Thundax Box Manager and Test Canvas Framework lets you work with the next modules:
  • Graph module (properties and layout scripting)
  • Algorithm module (Dijkstra)
  • Path module (Algorithm to find the path graph)
  • Vijeo Citect module (Scan a vijeo citect page)
  • Export module (module of data exportation)
Every of these modules have their own purpose, and are created to fulfil every of the previous requirements that it was aimed to. The final goal of the project is to scan a vijeo citect scada page with all the objects instantiated and then with my application, get all this objects that are modelling a system (this would be, for example, a transport routing system). When I have all these objects, I can work with them because I've translated from one side to the other, and now I can create a little graph and calculate all the different routes or paths that exists into the modelled system. It's difficult to explain, but you'll understand better with the following videos.

Configuring the node and edge properties:

This video shows the improved system of properties. Now I've defined default properties that we can change in order to customize the view of our designs. Going to Options -> Properties we can find:
  • Default Node and Edge properties
  • Default selected node and edge properties
  • Default origin and destiny node properties

In these forms you can tweak all the drawing attributes of the nodes and edges. You can also modify some system colours into the Application properties. With these simple options you can customize the application as you desire.




Working with Dijkstra:

This video will introduce you in how we need to set up the different node and edge properties to use this algorithm. We need to define an origin (start node) and some destinations (End Node) to show the shortest path. Clicking on the node, we can parametrize which kind of node it is.





Working with Vijeo Citect Objects:

This part is the most interesting, because the application can play with the Automation Object Library from Vijeo Citect. Notice that you need to have installed the last version of Vijeo Citect (I've used the 7.1 version) to use this option, if not, the application won't work (because you need the .tlb file). Firstly we need to upload the images from the scada page.

For doing this we need to run the Thundax Citect Scanner from Vijeo Citect -> Run Thundax Citect Scanner. Once is started, we need to paste an screen shot of the page and then the application will scan it and will crop every image and upload them to the Thundax p-Zaggy repository. I recommend you viewing this video because it will show you the power of the application.



Calculating Paths:

With this process you can save time from calculating the paths with a graphic way using this platform. Notice how simple is it, and you can calculate all the routes in seconds, saving a lot of time trying to guess al the possible paths.



Here you can see different screen shots of the application with some examples:

Screen Shots:


Don't hesitate to contact me if you spot any bug. I'm still working in some found bugs, and I need to get ready for the Exportation module that will be done on demand.

I hope you enjoy!, and all comments are welcome.

PD: I'm so happy because now my claim to technorati was accepted. You can find all my articles there. As you can see, every day I'm working on this little blog, trying to gain exposure joining me to portals like digg or delicious. You can find all my posts there with full information. And if you are interested on getting this blog by delphifeeds, don't forget to go there and vote for my blog!. thank you!.

Comments

  1. Hi Jordi! Nice work and very interesting. As I see, normally your code is open-source, but in the case of the P-Zaggy project, the open-source page has no code available to download. Is the code available any other place?
    Regards, and hope you continue your nice work and contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, thanks for your comment. The project is still under major changes and I will check in all my stuff as soon as it complies with the GNU license. Stay tuned for news!

    Jordi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Jordi! I'll be waiting for those news anxiously :D
    I think that your blog is very interesting, the pain is that I discovered it only a few days ago...how much lost time! jajaja ;D
    Thank you for your responsal

    David

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts